Pesto and gnocchi has always been one of my favorite meals. Ever since going vegan I have struggled to find the perfect pesto, so I decided I would stop looking in the stores and make my own. I wanted to share my recipe so that more people can enjoy classic pesto but vegan!
This recipe make about one cup of pesto.
- 2 cups of fresh basil, leaved only
- 4 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- combine all ingredients into a blender and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency
- add more olive oil or water as needed
- all done! enjoy your vegan pesto :)