Updated recipe, I have an old Banana Bread recipe here that I made a few years ago, but now I am vegan so here is my new vegan-ized recipe!
Note: for images I made a smaller batch, I only had one bread pan available
makes 2 standard loafs:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 or 4 bananas mashed with a fork
- mash your bananas roughly, that way you get some chunks in the bread
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 stick vegan butter softened (my favorite is ones made with avocado oil instead of olive oil)
- 2 flax eggs (recipe)
- any nuts or chocolate chips, I like to add walnuts
Note: I like to mix by hand using a whisk, an electric mixer also works
- sift and mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl (but not the sugar)
- in a large bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients and sugar (not the banana)
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in the banana and any chocolate/nuts
- add plant milk/ water as needed to get your desired texture (I added about 3 splashes)
- transfer to 2 pre-greased pans and bake on 350F for 65 minutes
- let cool before slicing so the loaves do not collapse
All done! A very simple and yummy recipe, I hope you enjoyed.
Feel free to comment with any suggestions or thoughts!