Flax eggs are a very useful tool in the world of vegan baking. Baking vegan can sometimes be a challenge because eggs, a part of basically all recipes, hold the ingredients together. Many times when you just skip the egg, what you are baking falls apart or collapses. The easiest solution for this is making and using a flax egg as a replacement!
for 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- combine flax meal and water and mix
- let it sit, periodically mixing it until it starts to thicken
- the longer you let it sit, the thinker it will get
- ideal time to let it sit is 10-15 minutes
- all done!
I have also tried using a flax/chia meal blend, that also works well.
You can find flax meal at most grocery stores, or online in bulk. you can also grind up flax seeds and make your own flax meal.