A while ago I shared with you all how to french braid, my favorite simple braid at the time is the dutch braid. It is very similar to the french braid but reverse! I feel like it is actually easier than the french braid, but that is just how my hands move. So here I am today to show you how to dutch braid! Like last time I will have steps with pictures. Enjoy!
- Brush through your hair so it is smooth and has no part line (make sure you keep a brush handy the whole time to take care of any knots that appear).
- Take a section of hair at the top of the head about 3 inches wide and a half inch thick and split it into three sections.
- Instead of crossing over like the french braid, now cross a side piece under the middle strand turning it into the new middle strand.
- Repeat the same step on the other side. Take the side piece and cross it under the middle strand making it the new middle piece.
- Now repeat the same step on the other side, but this time before you cross take a piece of hair from that side of the head and add it into your strand. Make sure you smooth out the hair before crossing!
- Repeat this step alternating sides all the way down the head until you run out of hair.
- Finish by doing a simple reverse braid with the remaining hair and tie off with an elastic to finish!
I hope you found my post useful and as always please leave me a comment letting me know what you think, or any comments you may have! Remember, this braid also takes practice so keep it up!
Warning: include(/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/memesala/public_html/adriai.com/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear') in /home/memesala/public_html/adriai.com/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41